HAGERMAN JOINT SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 233
NOTICE OF SPECIAL BOARD MEETING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN to the patrons of School District No. 233 that the Board of Trustees has called a special meeting to be held at 6:00 p.m. in Room 7 of the Hagerman Jr./Sr. High School on Wednesday, May 4, 2022, for the purpose of:
- Call to Order – Roll Call – Establish Quorum
- Pledge of Allegiance
- Approve Current Agenda (Action Item)
- High School Principal Interview Committee
- Summer Maintenance Crew
- Signing Bonus for Hard-to-Fill Positions
- Executive Session
- Personnel [Idaho Code 74-206(1)(a) To consider hiring a public officer, employee, staff member or individual agent, wherein the respective qualities of individuals are to be evaluated in order to fill a particular vacancy or need. This paragraph does not apply to filling a vacancy in an elective office or deliberations about staffing needs in general; (b) To consider the evaluation, dismissal or disciplining of, or to hear complaints or charges brought against, a public officer, employee, staff member or individual agent, or public school student]
- Possible Action from Executive session regarding Personnel (Action Item)
This special meeting of the Board of Trustees is called pursuant to Title 33 and Chapter 2, Title 74 Idaho Code. Dated this 2nd day of May, 2022.
School District No. 233
Gooding and Twin Falls Counties, Idaho
• Special meetings may be determined at a Board meeting with all members present, called by the chairman, or by any two members. If the meeting is not determined at a board meeting, the clerk must post Meeting Notice and Agenda for a scheduled Special Meeting at the school district office and in two or more public places in the district at least 24 hours prior to the Special Meeting, unless there is an emergency. An emergency means a situation involving injury or damage to persons or property, or immediate financial loss, or the likelihood of such injury, damage, or loss—when the notice requirements of this section would make such notice impractical or increase the likelihood or severity of such injury, damage, or loss, and the reason is stated at the outset of the meeting (Idaho Code section 74-204(2).
• Under the Open Meeting Law, (Idaho Code Section 74-204(2)) it is necessary to make a good faith effort to provide advance notification of special meetings to all news media who request such notification.
• If calling a Special Meeting for the purpose of or to include an Executive Session, there is a necessity to identify the statutory subsection and legal basis for the Executive Session.